After I read "My Daily Om", I thought about my favorite song of all time. I play this song at least once a week, and if not then, when I'm feeling bad. Back in the day I had it on a sacred tape, now I keep it on every computer and device I get, just so I can put myself in a good mood. Now what was the reading?, you may ask. It was entitled, "Things You Can't Control". The opinion was based on trusting the universe, and allowing yourself to trust. For me that sounds like the book and the movie "The Secret" which is based on the law of attraction. But then there are times when just trusting takes more than that. There are times when I have to put on this song, or any uplifting song when there are no devices are around.
When I saw the movie, Deliver Us From Eva, there's a scene when the sisters dance around playing a CD which happens to be their theme song so they can be in a good mood for the day. That's when I realized I had a theme song, Walking into Sunshine by Central Line. Fortunately for me, even on my worst day at work, all I have to do is hum a few bars or whistle, and my mood changes. The significance of the song? Well it was at the height of my teen age years, just before turning legal. All situations were looked upon optimistically with fresh eyes. Hearing that tune forces me to step back, and say "hey, you're going about this the wrong way". After all, everything in life shouldn't be a struggle. Whatever you're working on should be natural. You can't control all stimuli in your life but you can control how you react. So I learned to listen and get in tune with the universe so to speak. Once you're in tune, everything falls in place.
Here's another throwback, if you like this and the way I think why don't you do what the song says?
No comments:
Post a Comment