The dream will allow you to go further than your wildest imagination. Often, we connect vision to many things. For the purpose of this writing, I'm visiting the "Vision Board". The average person uses the cork bulletin board like we did in grade school. However, back then it's only purpose was to highlight past achievements, or schedule appointments, tack up reminder notes, phone numbers, etc... (immediate present)
Until I read The Secret, and listened to the Audio book again did I think "I need a Vision Board". Such a wonderful concept. You can't see your dreams and desires, if they're all tucked away in your mind with everything else you have to recall at a moment's notice. And just like a bulletin board which gets updated with new information (everything in the past immediate present), so does the Vision Board. The best bulletin boards are made of old-fashioned cork board, fabric covered card board or the modern day combo in which the white board allows you to write up a note on the side.
The difference is that a Vision Board can be use the materials or whatever you choose. I decided to use inexpensive material for mine. I wanted it to be tough, inexpensive and easy to change for creativity. The artist in me said to pick up a foam board which is tougher than a poster board. It's my first one so I needed to be able to modify the ideas at a moment's notice.
I've been experimenting with the online versions, but since it was online, it's a new medium and the first one stayed on my computer 4 days, then disappeared from the site and my computer since I didn't quite understand. That's ok, I'll just make another one. Well it's sort of a pain to keep uploading pictures. I just cleaned my computer so now I'm starting to dislike the online version. Eventually, I may find one that I like. The cool thing is for us artistic, creative types we can use a canvas to paint (figuratively speaking) the ideas and dreams that we have.
Since I like order, I decided to make my own online version without the web sites. and chose some words that mean a lot to me. What I would like in my life. Chose a few select icons, and pictures, and arranged everything so it can be saved in a file to be printed on a regular letter sheet. Just enough negative space to write in more words clip thumb nail pictures, etc... to be placed on my foam board. Now I have something tangible that I can see, and will use until it's time to modify and change my vision of what I really want my life to be. In the Bible, the book of Matthew 7:7-8, you have to ask. The Secret picked up on this. Because if you truly believe, you have to ask, or you won't get.
All in all, I have asked. The ability to see everything in one spot, let's me know, these are my dreams or goals, and I can work toward obtaining them. All I have to do is act as if I already have them. The plan of action will come whether I know it already, or it may be revealed in to my subsconscience. It happened before and I didn't even have a clue as to the power of The Secret, not even an inkling. I should have worked on this the first time I read The Secret, but I didn't have the right frame of mind. Oh well, live and learn. Each and everything, in proper sequence, and in due time, everything will come.
No comments:
Post a Comment